Our literacy mission according to first principles:
- The enormous value of literacy is well understood.
- With titles for every reading age, interest, and language, the unique benefits of printed magazines and comics for reading engagement and comprehension are well established.
- The literacy needs for tens of millions of U.S. and hundreds of millions of global at-risk, vulnerable, and illiterate readers is effectively constant and endless.
- The supply of magazine and comic book reading materials is effectively constant and endless, worldwide.
- Publishers love to create readers for good.
- Consumers love to share their deep enthusiasm for favorite media with kindred readers for good.
Therefore, our essential task at MagLiteracy.org is to form the partnerships that fund and operate the logistics to deliver the desired magazines and comics from where they are to the literacy programs, hands, homes, and hearts of eager readers.
We need your help. Join us.